Tuesday, April 26, 2011

:')

My awesome cousin, Stephanie was the first person I messaged to when I couldn't get through my parents because she taught me how to score an interview, accompanied me there and consoled me while giving me extra confidence that I'll get the sponsorship. All the words of wisdom came from her! She came over for dinner when my mum returned my calls. I was quite disappointed with my mum's words and reaction and my dad didn't even bother to say a word to me. He was pretty much disappointed I guess. And my brother too. All he replied was an 'errr..' when I told him I didn't get it. They're probably just hoping that I'll get the sponsorship so that they could let go of me as their burden. Financially. The conversation between me and my mum ended. I wanted to cry of anger, confusion and disappointment but I kept it in and talked to my cousin. I honestly told her, "Everyone is just worried about the money. As if I don't feel bad enough. As if I'm feeling soooo good not getting it." with a laugh. She said some realistic but comforting opinions. Before she left, she gave me quite a number of things that will be useful for my studies. Notebooks and a magnet with the word: HOPE. :') And just now, I was about to sleep when I opened my facebook. Two pictures, edited by her, that really made me feel overwhelmed.



Just the exact words I needed.
Thanks, Steph.
:')

Katrina Mama Letish.
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment