Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lazarus.

My eyes are killing me. I spent the last five minutes playing with the torch, don't ask me why. I really hadn't expected to get an offer from Singapore. I clicked into the website and I was stoned at there for about a minute. My sister was already looking at me, gasping, saying: My God. Qi. You got it! And she was weird to see my expressionless face. I was actually still looking for the phrase: Congratulations! Or whatever words that meant the same. Hahaha. I remember that night itself I was already on the train on my way back to my hometown to pick up my passport and a few important documents that may be needed by them.

The next two days in Singapore was like the Amazing Race. My granduncle and I left home at nine in the morning, headed straight to the college to get my enrollment package. My heart rather sank when the clerk told me to pay by that very day, if possible. What possible? It's impossible. I can't dig out that amount of money. I wanted to forget about it and pretended to borrow my granduncle's phone to inform my mum about the procedure but he sensed something and stopped me from doing so and said: No. I'll pay for you first. This amount is nothing compared to your future. I was. Stunned. And he really didn't allow me to make that call. So we went to register a local number and my broadband, headed home to get the cheque, rushed to the bank and went to settle my medical examination. Got home, bathed and I headed over to Steph's place and settled my applications for my student pass and hospital sponsorships. Went to bed around two in the morning and got up at nine again. Went to open an account, snapped my passport pictures, had lunch, headed back to Hougang, got my guardian's signature and spent the next two hours plus in the Nanyang office. Trust me, the moment everything was settled and I got out of the office, my first thought was FREEDOM! GRADUATION! Hahahaha but SERIOUSLY. Headed back home and managed to learn some kitchen skills from my granduncle. ;p

And now I'm back home. I'm really glad everything could be settled THAT fast. Really, I do strongly believe it's the BIGGGGG HELP FROM GOD! Hahahaha :DD

So it's Saturday, 1.45am. I'm listening to U2's With Or Without You, smiling to the fact that it gives me a certain assurance that almost everything is really settled after writing them all out. :) I've packed all my clothes, bought the things I want, hopefully get to spend the night with my hometown really close and great friends before I head back to Singapore on Monday.

Father, thank you. And I love You. And thank You so MUCH for having that ultimate trust in me, believing that I can really do this! AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment